Saturday, July 23, 2005

Living in the Thanh Pho

After beeing sick for a while and than takin a trip to the North with my Sis I am back in the Thanh Pho (City) now.
The trip with my sister was especially nice because the two of us have not spent time together for ages. The Destinaions itself, I would see a little bit bias. Especially Sapa, the tourist center of the Vietnam's north. Even though the landscape here was definitly breathtaking, we did not feel very comfortable here, because this place is really spoiled by tourism. Of course we are tourists ourself, but still we know that it has not to be like it happened to us this time. Hiking through areas of ethnic minorities for example was more a kind of escaping the innumerable vendors "buythisoneformebuythisoneformetoo..." then having a possibility to enjoy the beautiful landscapes. For sure we know, that these people have barly another possibility to make a living but selling their stuff to the tourists, but that still does not mean we have to like it this way... Hanoi on the other hand presentet itself in a charming and relaxed way and we had lost of chances to consume nice food, walk around the lakes, or just spend hours talking and drinking beers and coffee.... Angelika, my Sis, returned to Germany now. (I hope that you have a good and easy time to get back to "normal" life again, that your cold is getting better, and that you keep some unforgettable nice memories of your journey to Vietnam!!!! It was great to have you here!!!)
Anyway coming back to HCMC was for me like coming back home, and I really enjoy my "living in the Thanh Pho"...teaching English, freelancing and just spending Time with friends, cruising the city on my bike, all these things are a good routine. (even though the appartment sometimes feels empty without you, Julia!!!! I can't wait for saturday...)
So its getting harder everyday to realize that I have to leave this place so soon. It seems to be a time of goodbye these days... But my friend Thommy already promised me that there will be some nurses waiting for me to take care of my mental health when I return... by the way I am still not smoking, and some people suggested me to not only to shave my head if I start again, but also my ass...well, fair enough.
The last days I was especially hanging out with my friend Adam, and we spent the days doing beautiful bullshit, like driving around the Backpacker's whistling River Kwai or playing childrens cardgames in coffeeshops...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.